Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's here! Ottobre Jan 2014!!

I have longed for a subscription to the Finnish sewing magazine, Ottobre, for a few years now. They put out 4 issues each year full of kids clothes patterns, plus 2 more of adult women's patterns. I have an issue from 2010 and an issue from 2012. Finally this year I decided I would get myself a subscription. I'm so happy with it! They have patterns for very wearable clothes from infant to teen sizes. The sizing is different from what I'm used to here in North America, but there are two sizing charts, one in metric and one in imperial, so figuring out what size to make is easy.

They have all the patterns in the issue summarized on two pages right before the instructions to sew. The patterns are all printed on pages that come out of the center. You have to trace them onto other paper to use them, so I have envelopes of patterns I've traced from the other issues I have all over my sewing room. Which one would you start with??

I think this top is what I'm going to make first from this issue. It's a sweet batwing sleeved top with a ribbon embellishment down the sleeve. I can totally see T in it. I hope she agrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment